Representatives of the research centre are also consulted for expert opinions from abroad. These very time-consuming activities are proof of the expertise accumulated here as well as the inclusion in the large network of the scientific community.
Expertise is requested in several respects:
- for the assessment of research projects (proposals and interim reports)
- for the assessment of university publications (also for their publication)
- for the conservational appraisal of individual manuscripts or old prints
- for the description of the content, systematics and condition of entire collections of old books
- for the evaluation of the purchase or sale value of individual books
- for the evaluation of project proposals.
Staff members of the VESTIGIA Research Centre work as experts for national and international organisations, including
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft
- the European Commission
- various academies and universities (from Bielefeld to Zagreb).